Šibenik is one of the oldest towns founded by Croats, located in the central part of the Croatian coast. Due to the good connectivity and location in the beautiful and indented bay, guests often opt for villas in Šibenik and its beautiful surroundings. Mediterranean climate, natural beauties and numerous attractive manifestations make this city ideal for holidays.
Activities, natural and historical beauties that you should not miss during your stay in Šibenik
- Krka National Park and Kornati National Park are two of the eight national parks in Croatia, located in the Šibenik-Knin County.
Krka National Park, Croatia's national park since 1985, is only 20 kilometers away from the city. It covers a total of 109 m2 of stream, of one of the most beautiful karst rivers, the Krka River. All tourists that are nearby, that visit villas in Šibenik or any other accommodation, are happy to visit the sites of this national park. Skradinski Buk is definitely the longest waterfall, and the most beautiful and visited site in this park. In addition, visitors also enjoy visiting Visovac Island, Roški Waterfall and other localities.
Kornati National Park is the most indented group of islands and islets in the Mediterranean, consisting of a stone maze of 89 islands, islets and cliffs. Due to its rich marine ecosystem, very interesting geomorphology and exceptional beauty, this group of islands was declared a National Park in 1980. It is this unspoiled beauty that often attracts guests from nautical and sports tourism, as well as guests who visit villas in Šibenik. One-day excursions by tourist boats to the Kornati islands are one of the most popular and best-selling excursions in this part of the Adriatic.
- UNESCO Monuments - The City of Šibenik boasts as many as 2 historical structures listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. It is interesting to note that both sites also served as movie locations for the fifth season of the popular hit series Game of Thrones.
St. Jacob's Cathedral was listed in 2000. The cathedral represents the most significant achievement of builders from the 15th and 16th centuries, and combines two styles of construction, the Gothic and the Renaissance. Two names of the builders stand out when it comes to St. James Cathedral, Juraj Dalmatinac and Nikola Florentinac. The peculiarity of the cathedral is that it is entirely built of stone, with 71 sculptures of human heads on the outside, representing individual portraits of the architect Juraj Dalmatinac.
St Nikola's Fort built on the islet of Ljuljevac, is the second UNESCO monument in Šibenik to be listed on this list since 2017. The fort was built in the 16th century to serve the Venetians to defend the city from Ottoman rule. However, the fort never fulfilled that purpose. From 2019 it is again available for visitors.
- The fortress of St. Mihovil is located 70 meters above sea level, on a rocky elevation, which offers an indescribable view of the islands of the Sibenik archipelago. The fort was built in the late middle and early modern times and served as the central point of the city's defense system. Today, the fort represents a popular summer stage for various cultural, stage and musical events. This cultural monument hosts many well-known names from the Croatian and foreign music scene.
- The Šibenik Aquarium extends over about 200 m2 of a stone house located in the very center of the city, only 50 meters away from St. Jacob's Cathedral. Guests visiting villas in Šibenik or the surrounding area, guests staying in apartments or just having a short tour of the city will gladly take their families to visit this aquarium. Here, through 20 aquariums with different tropical and Adriatic fishes and plant species, they will experience the Adriatic Sea and the underwater world in a special way.
- The Pelegrini Restaurant is located in a villa of the same name in the very center of the town, well worth a visit. The specialty of these villas in Šibenik is that it is even 700 years old. Pelegrini Restaurant is one of three Croatian Michelin star restaurants. At the same time, it was named the best Croatian restaurant for three consecutive years. Creative and talented chef Rudolf Stefan and his team, in a modern and innovative way, will present you the traditional flavors and dishes of this Mediterranean region.
Where are the villas in Šibenik and Šibenik Riviera located
Whether located in the immediate vicinity of the city or in one of the places nearby, villas in Šibenik are fantastic choices for your holiday with your family or friends. Villas in Šibenik are just as attractive to their guests as the surroundings in which they are located.
There are several places and towns in the vicinity of Šibenik where you can find a large number of beautiful, luxurious villas. Some of these places are:
is a small town located on a former islet, between the cities of Šibenik and Trogir. About 20 kilometers away from Šibenik. The city is widely known worldwide for its wines and vineyards, but also for the traditional donkey race, which is a summer attraction for all visitors who visit it during this period. Two of the most beautiful beaches with crystal clear in the place are Raduča and Mala Raduča, which are definitely worth a visit.
is a place that exudes a Mediterranean culture and way of life. It is located about 30 kilometers away from Šibenik. The inhabited part of the coast is one of the most protected and peaceful coves on the Adriatic. The beaches are mostly pebbly and rocky, and everyone can find a privacy corner for themselves.
is a Dalmatian island of 17.58 km2. It is about the same distance from Šibenik as Rogoznica, but to the north side of the Adriatic. The places on the island of Murter are Betina, Tisno, Jezera and Murter. These places represent famous tourist destinations. Today, there are a number of luxury villas on the island, which in no way lag behind the villas in Šibenik.
- Vodice is a tourist place located between Šibenik and Murter, 15 minutes’ drive from Šibenik. Along the coast there are many nightclubs, cafes and other entertaining activities that attract tourists to this Dalmatian place.